Here’s the only list you’ll need to find perfect gifts for hunters and the outdoors loving men and women in your life. From stocking stuffers, to practical gear, there is something here to fit everyone’s budget.
So, whether their thing is hiking, fishing, hunting, or camping, you’re sure to get inspiration from this gift guide. And, you just might find something cool for yourself as well!
Gifts for Hunters
One thing I’ve learned as the wife and mother of people who love to hunt is that they need LOTS of stuff. And they LOVE being gifted said stuff.
So, while in the process of making my gift list this year, I thought it might be helpful to some of you who are shopping for outdoorsy types if I share a list of things that my crew either desires or already owns and finds useful.
(This post may include affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure policy HERE.)
Electronic Gifts for Hunters
- Tactical flashlights are just as useful around the house as they are on the hunt. The affordable Energizer Tactical light is water resistant and super bright. For a rechargeable, more sophisticated tactical light, this one from Fenix is a good buy.
- Headlamps are a great gift for any age and can be found at a price to fit any budget. This Streamlight Buckmasters Headlamp comes in a popular camo pattern.
- Portable Phone Charger/Battery Packs are a must have for keeping those cell phones and gadgets charged out there. This nifty portable charger can be charged with solar power as a back-up and includes a compass and dual flashlight.
- Hunters will appreciate this 3-Stage Electric Knife Sharpener. I have one for my kitchen and absolutely love it. But it does keep disappearing to the garage and I have to go retrieve it. Husband says it works better than any knife sharpener he has ever used. A less pricey, non-electric option is this Kitchen Knife Sharpener.
- GoPro Hero8 Waterproof Action Camera– if a big-ticket item is what you’re searching for, this is is a great choice!
Gear and Gadget Gifts for Hunters
- Binoculars can vary greatly in price. But, generally, you can find a pair that are decent enough for hunting from about $100-$150. These Bushnell Trophy Realtree Binoculars are a very good set for the price and are a gift that any hunter or outdoorsman would appreciate and enjoy.
- Leatherman Multitools are solid and durable for guys and gals who like quality knives and gadgets. The Wave is loaded with features and makes an excellent gift. And it’s made in the USA! You can find a wide selection of multitools from other brands and in all price ranges here.
- This Flambeau DryBox keeps gear and snacks from getting damp and soggy.
- Tactical knives are always useful for outdoorsy types, be it men or women. My husband likes the quality of this one by SOG. Tactical knives come in every price range for all budgets.
- My crew goes through a bunch of these Hand Warmers every Winter. They make great stocking stuffers. And they really work!
- Knife Honing Kit – this is a very nice honing kit complete with a polishing block. Ours gets used regularly.
- Waterproof Hunting Bags like this duffel style come in many sizes and prices. My son prefers a backpack style like this one.
Practical Gifts for Hunters
- Peet Boot and Shoe Dryers – these amazing contraptions dry your shoes and boots like nobody’s business. There are models for drying gloves, waders, and multiple items at one time.
- Ear protection is a SO important if you’re going to be firing a weapon. These earmuffs are a great value and come in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Rubaway Bars magically remove funky odors from hunting and cooking using stainless steel molecules! Great for stocking stuffers!
- Books are always a favorite gift here. The Ultimate Hunter’s Handbook by David and Karen Holder is a good choice. For a devotional, check out A Look at Life from the Deer Stand Deluxe Edition. If you’re looking for more of a coffee table style book with beautiful photos, The Hunter’s Table from Ducks Unlimited is very nice and contains fabulous recipes.
- Programmable Coffee Maker – hunters will love having their coffee ready when they are, especially when they crawl out of bed before the convenience stores open. (yours might be 24hrs….we live in the boondocks!) We have this inexpensive model from Hamilton Beach and it does the trick.
Snacks and Food Gifts for Hunters
Don’t underestimate the roll of food in the hunting experience. In fact, for my family, eating in the blind (and on the way to and from the blind) is a tradition. And, something that they take pretty seriously.
Here are some tried and true hunting snacks that are easy to pack and taste good as well.
- Bubba’s Fine Foods Paleo Snack Mix – love this snack mix! It’s not spicy, with just the right amount of seasoning. And it comes in perfectly proportioned single serving sizes for convenience and freshness.
- Chomps Grass Fed Beef Jerky Snack Sticks are a favorite here. They come in several varieties, but my crew especially likes the Sea Salt Beef and the Original Beef. These are Whole30, paleo, gluten free, nitrate free, sugar free…all the frees.
- Protein Bars always make it into my husband’s hunting bag (he likes to take them to work as well). A few good ones that we like are: RX Bars, GoMacro Bars, and Zing Vitality Bars. They provide energy and can even be a meal replacement when you need one.
- Nuts and Trail Mixes make great gifts. Amazon has a ton of these to pick from. We especially like this Power Up Mega Omega and these yummy Cashews.
- This Medium Roast Peruvian Coffee 3-Pack from Amazon has become my husband’s favorite. It is a very good value, especially considering is organic and fair trade.
Clothing & Wearable Gifts for Hunters
- This Drake Waterfowl Performance Hoodie makes it to the top of my husband’s Christmas list every year! It comes in several camo designs and feature a waterfowl logo that duck and goose hunters love.
- Mossy Oak Performance Hunting Tees are perfect for layering in cold weather and help keep hunters warm and dry. This one comes in six patterns. And, for colder weather, my guys like these Duofold Midweight Crew Tops. For myself, I really like these Duofold Wool Blend Thermal Tops for Women. They are lined in soft cotton and double as pj’s on cool nights.
- These Smartwool Heavy Mountaineering Socks are the bomb, according to my husband. He says that they are the first socks ever to keep his feet warm and dry in the Winter and Summer! Yes, he wears them all year long and has a dresser drawer devoted only to these socks. And, my kids sneak in our room and take them out of the drawer to wear themselves. So, they must be pretty great.
- Balaclavas and Face Masks in camo are a must in frigid or windy weather.
- This is a great all-natural, scent-free Beard Balm for the beard man in your life!
- Here is a really cool collection of Screen Printed Tees from Ducks Unlimited.
- My daughter tells me I have to include these convertible gloves on this list because they are her favorite for hunting. My guys like convertible gloves as well. But, they prefer this style. And this one has pockets for hand warmers!
Gift Cards for Hunters
- Bass Pro Gift Cards come in several denominations and can be used online or in the store. A favorite for sure! Need the e-mail version? Find that here.
- Amazon Gift Cards are always a winner! Click here for the e-mail version to get it there right away!
- Starbucks Gift Cards for your coffee drinking hunter!
- Here are more gift cards your hunters might enjoy!
Have fun shopping for your outdoor loving family and friends!